Wednesday 27 March 2013

Interview with Actor, Presenter and Choreographer, Lucian Albertyn


What a pleasure it was to interview actor, presenter, choreographer and producer, Lucian Albertyn. Let us read about how his travel experience changed him.


Who is Lucian Albertyn?


"I work in the Media and Entertainment Industry. I’ve been acting since the age of 2 years old and I always knew that I wanted to be an actor, always. I studied Drama (Acting for Camera) at City Varsity and it was there where everything started to fall into place for me. With acting, I became a well rounded dancer as well, and started dancing for the Dance Company called “Darkroom Contemporary”. 

Currently ,now I work for 4 National Television Shows:  Expresso, Dr Mol Show on SABC 3, as Floor Manager and Assistant Director, Hectic Nine9  on SABC 2, as Floor Manager and JOU SHOW met Emo en Wicus on Kyknet, as Floor Manager and MC. I work in front and behind the camera and it’s my ultimate passion. And with that, I have to have two different looks.


I’ve worked in TV shows like, MNET’s “League of Glory”  “Rhythm City” and a movie called "The Journey and some tv adverts of course. I’ve done over 20 theatre shows (acting and dancing), since Varsity. From the Baxter Theatre to Arts Cape. And some smaller local Theatres, like Intimate and Little Theatre at UCT Hiddingh Campus. I’ve had the privilege to perform at some amazing Art Festivals. My favourite is 'The National Grahamstown Arts Festival' , 'The Cedarberg Arts Festival' and 'KKNK' .     
                                  
My future goals are to have my own Artist Agency and Production Company very soon. I’m busy with it step by step, like in this very moment."

What was your one favourite place either locally (in South Africa) or abroad to visit?
"My favourite place locally to visit locally is Gold Reef City, (theme park), Johannesburg! "


The Gold Reef City Theme Park.

What about the place did you enjoy?

"What don’t I enjoy! Gold Reef City makes me feel like I can let loose and just have fun. It makes me feel like a kid with my friends and I always enjoy going there to let my spirit feel free and scream for all the good reasons.  Even though I’ve been to other Theme Parks. I just believe that Gold Reef City is the ultimate one for me, with the  quote “Feed your kids to the, Anaconda”! That alone is scary, but going on it is just another story. It's a thrill of a lifetime. So I just Love it! "  


Lucian at the Anaconda

Any interesting fact(s) that you learned about the place while you were there?

"I’ve learned that Gold Reef City  is located on an old gold mine, and that the park is themed around the gold mines. On the grounds there is a museum situated where you can see real physical raw gold veins in the mines. Absolutely amazing!"


Any recommendations that you would give to others when visiting the place?

"I would recommend that all the rides you see at Gold Reef City is made to be used. So, if you do go, start off with the Anaconda to get over the fear of theme rides, because I think most people fear the Anaconda most. Start there and everything will be OK to follow, except the Tower of Terror. Try that last. When you done the rides, get to learn the background of the place.  Its fascinating, really."



Option of rides at Gold Reef City.



How did visiting the place allow you to change in any aspect of your life, whether personally or professionally?


"For me personally, it changed me in a way that I know how to have fun and let loose on a fun day out. Because you can’t always have fun when you out and about. Professionally, you represent companies, brands etc. People always make a fuss about someone that is in the Media world letting loose or having a little too much fun at any public place, but when you at places like Gold Reef City, all that disappears. It’s a place to have fun."

Lucian with Leigh-Anne Williams at a social event.
Lucian at a media event.

Lucian in work mode.

















1 comment:

  1. Great Interview, I am also interviewing him next week. What an inspiring man he is :)

    ReplyDelete