Tuesday 9 April 2013

My visit to the Expresso Show studios in Sea Point, Cape Town

I am a Capetonian born and bred like I have mentioned before. I love the Atlantic Seaboard, especially Sea Point. The amazing fresh air near the ocean. The fantastic mountain views and where better to have a studio, than in Sea Point with those views. Locals and foreigners, usually use the Sea Point Promenade as their point of retracting from the world and going for an early morning run or walk before or after work.

Myself and Graeme with the mountain in the background from the Sea Point studios.


So on the 7th floor of a very stylish and modern office building in Sea Point, SABC 3's morning breakfast show,  "The Expresso Show" is recorded. I visited the studios one early morning, where there was a buzz of activity in the studio as live recording was taking place. Such energy radiated through the different areas of the studio.

Me on the set of the Expresso


Well, I would be surprised if that energy was not there. With the views of the mountain and ocean on either side of the studio, how can anyone who is part of  The Expresso Show not be energised to work there. The employees day starts early, so the smell of  fresh coffee through the back area of the studios is dominant.

Check out my blog soon for my face to face interviews with presenters of the show: Graeme Richards, Ewan Strydom, Leigh-Anne Williams, Danine Naidoo and Photographer for the show, Gunther Schubert.
Danine Naidoo and I

Leigh-Anne Williams and I
Ewan Strydom and I
Graeme Richards and I

No comments:

Post a Comment