Monday 29 April 2013

My experience in Namibia

I hopped aboard an Air Namibia flight and off I flew to the desert land call Namibia.

First stop, I drive through the desert land of Swartkopmund, where in the middle of nowhere was a campsite. This was no ordinary campsite. It had luxury tents and was surrounded by a mountain. What made the campsite extra special was the lovely bonfire area to eat supper.

The campsite in the middle of the desert.


Well, that was the beginning of my adventure in the desert. Next day, I awoke and it was a 3 in 1 extreme sport expedition. It started with the sandboarding down the sand dunes in the desert. Needless to say, I first watched everyone else sandboard, then I took the plunge. Who knew that sandboarding could be so scary.

Then onto a quadbike I jumped and imagined that the sand dunes were my race track. I raced through the desert, with my safety headgear properly fitted for extra precaution.

Quadbiking on the sand dunes.


Third of the extreme sport trio was the Extreme 4X4 drive. Another extreme sport that is probably very underestimated, but it does provide a thrill of note.
The 4x4 vehicle.


After the trio of extreme sport, there was the rest of Walvis Bay to explore like the State House and the promenade of the quaint seaside town of Walvis Bay.
The State House in Walvis Bay.


Africa really does bring out the adventurous side of me. Just like Zambia, Namibia reminded me of how much there is to enjoy within my continent of Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment